These little cups of creamy goodness are something special.
Chocolate. Roasted hazelnuts.
Soft, velvety texture.
Oh, and did I mention they were healthy?
Okay, so maybe not healthy as in a kale salad washed down with some kombucha, but as far as desserts go – especially ones that taste this amazing – we’re talking pretty healthy.
If you aren’t convinced yet – and you should be – I might just leave the pictures to do the talking for me ;)
- Chocolate hazelnut mousse
- ½ avocado
- ⅔ cup coconut cream
- 5 medjool dates
- ⅔ c roasted hazelnuts
- 2 tsp vanilla
- ⅔ cup chopped, peeled zucchini
- 2 Tbsp cacao
- Chocolate hazelnut sauce
- 3 Tbsp coconut oil
- 4 Tbsp hazelnut (or other nut) butter
- 1 Tbsp cacao
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 Tbsp maple syrup
- To roast the hazelnuts, preheat oven to 180 C | 350 F and place hazelnuts in a single layer on a baking tray. Bake for 10 - 12 minutes until they are starting to brown and your kitchen is filled with a lovely roasted hazelnut aroma. Allow to cool, and then place in a clean tea towel and rub lightly to remove the skins.
- Add all ingredients to a food processor or blender and process until rich and creamy.
- Divide up between 3 or 4 cups and place in the fridge for at least half an hour before serving.
- To make the sauce, add all ingredients to a small saucepan and heat over low heat until combined and mostly smooth (the texture will still be slightly grainy from the hazelnut butter)
- To serve, remove the chilled mousse cups from the fridge and drizzle a spoonful or two of the chocolate sauce over each.