Hello, and thanks for dropping by my little part of the (e)world!
This page is intended as a little ‘getting to know you’ page – if you’re more interested in wholefoods + healthy eating than my guilty Kardashian addiction (sigh, I know!), head over here instead.
I thought I’d share a few little tidbits of information that you may (or may not) find interesting… So lets get started!
- I recently launched a series of online Food Photography + Styling Guides, another passion of mine! If you’re interested in food photography, please head over to check it out :)
- My favorite recipes on the blog currently are Sweet Potato and Lentil Soup (with charred corn, you have to add the charred corn!), Honey, Walnut + Thyme Muffins and Roasted Almond Butter Thumbprint Cookies – though it changes all the time.
- My favorite foods not on here are chocolate, sushi, “proper” Italian-style pizza and blue cheese. While I love salads, green smoothies and sprouted grains, I also like to treat myself from time to time – moderation is the key!
- I live in Tasmania, the little island at the bottom of Australia, with my boyfriend and our little dog Maggie who you’ll see quite a bit if you follow my social media feeds (apologies in advance if you’re not a dog person). I absolutely love this place we live and think we are incredibly lucky to be able to call Tasmania home. Though we live in the capital city here (Hobart), I love getting out of the city any chance I get, and going on a hike or bushwalk in some of the stunning scenery we have here.
- Other than cooking/blogging, my favorite thing to do is travel. I love weekend getaways, day trips/walks and overseas holidays, whether it be lazing on a beach somewhere warm or exploring the backstreets of a city and experiencing new foods and cultures. I hope to one day be able to incorporate my two loves into a full time thing – the dream!
- I have also developed a love for photography, which has seen me starting to take photos commercially, a very exciting (and slightly nervewracking!) venture for me.
- I’m not much of a TV person and these days rarely watch any TV shows… though somewhere along the line I managed to develop a bit of an obsession with Keeping Up With the Kardashians. It’s definitely a guilty pleasure, though as it’s my only (TV) one, I figure that’s okay… :)
Why “to her core”?
Anyone who has started a blog will know that choosing a name can be one of the biggest hurdles to getting started. You want something that’s catchy, meaningful, relevant and something that resonates with you personally. You also want something unique, and with what seems like millions-upon-millions of food-related blogs out there today, a lot of the “good ones” are already taken.
I tossed up a few ideas for my site’s name, but ultimately kept coming back to this one for a few reasons
- It signifies what this site is about. I have always wanted this site to be about healthy cooking, and food that nourishes you from the inside out – ie through to your core
- Whilst having a good inner “core” is extremely important for health, it’s also important for exercise too, and as an avid Pilates fan this was something else that resonated with me
- I wanted something that had relevance for the place for my home – Tasmania, known as the Apple Isle (probably quite obvious here, but, apple > “core”). Not only is Tassie stunningly beautifully with incredibly clean, fresh air and drinking water, we also have some of the most delicious natural food produced here
- And lastly, but not least, the thing that really ‘sealed the deal’ for me – it reminded me of my favorite Paul Kelly song :)
If you are interested in working/collaborating with me, or asking any questions, be sure to drop me a line at dearna [at] tohercore [dot] com
Thanks for stopping by!