One of the key elements to doing a cleanse effectively – and sticking to it – is being prepared with what you will eat for the duration of the cleanse.
To prepare for my cleanse, I picked out a few healthy, nutritious recipes that I knew I liked and would enjoy eating, and stocked up on the ingredients (mostly a whole range of different fresh, organic vegetables, nuts and seeds, avocados, free-range organic eggs and gluten-free whole grains like quinoa and buckwheat). I also prepared some other food at the start of each week that I knew I would be able to throw together to make a quick, delicious meal when the other food I prepared ran out, or when I needed a change.
Some ideas of food to prepare at the start of your cleanse is
– Ccook up a big batch of a gluten-free wholegrain quinoa, which can be used to make a salad, or turned into patties or porridge for breakfast
– Roasted a bunch of vegetables such as sweet potato, broccoli, cauliflower, brussel sprouts, carrots and beetroot. These can be added to salads, or turned into soups or frittatas
– Make a vegetable-based dip (such as my roasted carrot and coriander pesto) to use throughout the week
– Grate or spiralise vegetables such as carrots, zucchini, sweet potato, broccoli stems – these can be quickly tossed together with a pesto or sauce to mae a quick and delicious meal
– Soak some nuts to turn into nut milk for the week, or use coconut instead. Homemade milks not only taste better andare usually more nutritious, but you can be guaranteed there are none of the nasties which are nearly always added to the packaged varieties you buy in the supermarket
I have a two more delicious new recipes to post for you soon that I enjoyed during my cleanse, but in the meantime I leave you with this list below – I hope you enjoy!
Note that some of these recipes may need to be tweaked slightly depending on the specific requirements of your cleanse.
Lunches and dinners
Have you ever done a cleanse before? I’d love to hear how you prepared for it and what were your favorite delicious healthy recipes you enjoyed throughout.