Sometimes we all need a little pick me up – life just gets a bit much and we start to feel a little overwhelmed or down in the dumps.
When a quick trip to spend a few days relaxing on a deserted beach in the sunshine is out of the question, try one of these suggestions instead to help lift your mood… Its not quite that mini-holiday you might need, but smiling will instantly boost your mood and help you deal in the meantime.
1. Go for a walk outside. A change of scenery and some fresh air, plus some light exercise, will help to lift your spirits
2. Watch this and marvel at the beauty of nature
3. Take three deep breaths – this will instantly calm and center you
4. Cuddle a pet. I always feel better after having a cuddle with my pup, even when she’s being a terror. If you don’t have your own pet, go and visit one in a pet store or at the par. Or – on the days when my dog is being particularly mischievous, your welcome to borrow her for a little bit ;)
5. Pull out the yoga mat or an old towel and do some gentle stretching
7. Book yourself in to give blood. This costs nothing and will help someone in need, plus you’ll get a feel-good from it too. You also get to catch up on celebrity gossip and get free food at the end
8. Do this one minute meditation to silence your mind and calm your energy
9. Clear out your wardrobe and donate any clothes you don’t regularly wear to a local charity
10. Stream an episode of your favorite trashy TV show. Something ridiculously outrageous that will make you realise that even though things may not be great for you currently, they could be worse – you could be a reality tv star! ;)
11. Smile at a stranger. Chances are they’ll smile back – smiling is, after all, contagious