The last few weeks I have run a series of posts on how to include more veggies in your diet (scroll down for all the links). Now that that’s done and dusted, I thought it would be fun to run a competition to further encourage you to get into the kitchen and get creating. This is a great opportunity for you to start experimenting with new ways to prepare and cook vegetables, and to start including more vegetables into you and your families’ diets.
So – lets get to the competition!
Firstly, the nitty gritty of it all –
The intention of the competition is to encourage people to start including more vegetables in their diet, through trying out different techniques and recipes. To enter, you’ll need to submit a photo of a dish you have prepared that focuses on using vegetables in a creative and interesting way. Photos can be submitted three ways
- via Instagram – simply upload to your account and tag @tohercore and #eatmoreveggiescomp
- via Facebook – upload to http://www.facebook.com/tohercore or if you have a public page, upload to your own page and make sure to tag me
- via email – simply post your pic through to tohercore (at) gmail (dot) com
You have until midnight (AEST) on Friday, 15th of August to submit your photos
Photos will be judged based on creativity as well as what the dish means to you and how it has allowed you to easily include more vegetables into your diet, so please include a little of your story when you submit your photo.
Entry is available to Australian residents only
And now the exciting part –
THE PRIZE PACK!
The prize pack will feature some goodies from some of my favorite businesses and people, including
- Two boxes of my favorite tea blends from For the Love of Tea Byron Bay
- A copy of Lee Holmes’ Supercharged Food – Eat Yourself Beautiful, to help you cook nutrient-dense, nourishing meals (provided by the lovely Emma at Athol – the Art of Wellness, Hobart )
- A tub of The Fix coffee scrub to leave your skin feeling silky smooth and looking amazing
- A Chef Avenue 3-in-1 vegetable slicer, to suit all your vegetable noodle-ing needs
- A copy of Indira Naidoo’s The Edible Balcony, to enable you to grown your own produce, no matter how small your yard (or balcony!)
- Some delicious clean-eating goodies, courtesy of my favorite local healthy treat-making extraordinaire Bale of Straw
For a little inspiration, be sure to check out the recipes and techniques featured in the How to include more vegetables in your diet series –
Including more vegetables at breakfast time
Including more vegetables in your main meals
Including more vegetables in your sweets and snacks
Katie @ Whole Nourishment says
What a fantastic competition and some amazing giveaway ideas as well. I’ll look forward to seeing what inspiring recipes people come up with. :)
What a fabulous idea indeed for a competion! I happened to just stumble across this page.
I know the competition is long over but I can’t help sharing with you a dish that I make to incorporate the goodness of not just veggies but also lentils. It is called Handvo and it is a dish from the western state of India.
Do check it out when you get time… http://www.easyfoodsmith.com/?p=476
Oh yum, this looks delicious! I’ll have to give it a go sometime – thanks for sharing :)